Friday 20 May 2016

10 things that have made me happy this week

(Source)
This week has been a very mixed week full of some great days and some not so great days...  as well as a few really terrible nights that resembled the cartoon above! It's also been a very busy week and blogging has taken a back seat to all the other things that have needed doing, I decided to do my (now) usual 10 things anyway because I feel like I need to spend some time focusing on those little things. My weekend looks to be another busy one, but also a good one, with a trip down to the city to do some shopping and go to the football. Here are the little things that made my week a happy one:


  1. Wearing my blanket coat to work - it's so warm and cozy and makes it feel a little like I'm bringing a little part of my bed to work with me.
  2. Solving the problem of my leaking washing machine, kind of - By packing old towels around the base of the washing machine I managed to get two big loads done without completely flooding the laundry, so satisfying. 
  3. Listening to Marina and the Diamonds on the way to and from work - such up beat happy music never fails to lift my spirits.
  4. Carrot cake for morning tea at work for a colleagues birthday - unexpected and delicious. 
  5. Sunny afternoons - perfect for drying laundry, working outdoors and airing out the house, a nice sunny afternoon always lifts my spirits. 
  6. Lasagne at the pub - comes in a huge serve that never fails to satisfy, I just can't get enough of it!
  7. Mulder kisses - after a few long months of 'delinquent teenage' rabbit he's finally starting to go back to licking my hand when I pat him.
  8. Reading through the archives of Story Monster - lots of laughs as well as some lovely heartfelt moments, it's a good 'un. 
  9. The way Jack looks in his little doggy jumper, so cute and keeps the chill at bay. 
  10. Soup weather - time to dig out the slow cooker in preparation for endless batches of potato and leak and creamy pumpkin soups, nothing better.
Hope you all have a great weekend planned.
A xx

*** Happy sharing inspired by Rosie ***

No comments:

Post a Comment